Friday, July 23, 2010

Week 2 EOC What do you think about lawyers?

Lawyers? Personally I don’t hate or like them, all I know is that we need them. Whether it’s a minor misdemeanor to a first degree act, to me lawyers are helpful and not at the same time. In class we watched a movie on a lawyer who was introduced to a random mother who needed a job. The lawyer purposely didn’t return the calls because of personal reasons and maybe he didn’t need her work. After her attempt to get an interview, the lawyer ended up giving her a temporary job. As the story moves on, she actually helped the lawyer solve a case that was worth upwards of about $200 million. A perfect example of lawyers being helpful. In other cases, lawyers just try to get a win in the courtroom which is sometimes not helpful at all. Although I never really needed a lawyer in my life, I still think that they are a good source for advice in any legal situation. I know I don’t know the least about laws and other related subjects so if I did ever need one, I’d look into the direction of getting a more widely known lawyer than a freelance lawyer just needing another case. When the professor told us that the case was worth $200 million, I can definitely see why lawyers are so uptight and organized; because so much money is at stake and one case can affect your whole career. Although being a lawyer isn’t one of my personal goals, being a lawyer wouldn’t be a bad paying job.

No comments:

Post a Comment