Thursday, September 23, 2010

Legal Authority

For our final assignment, Mr. Pinto asked if the class would find a lawyer and ask 10 related questions according to the student’s major. Seeing how my major is Drafting technology, I literally had no idea how to come about this project. It’s definitely different to me for a couple reasons; one, because I’ve never really had to find a lawyer before, and two, I hadn’t really thought about the issues or consequences that would follow if I actually used someone else’s design. Therefore I was very eager and just wanted to get my information quick. When I first started this project, which was probably 2 weeks ago, I found myself searching, calling, and emailing a whole bunch of different attorneys. Searching everywhere from Google to the Super Yellow Pages, it was definitely alittle trickier than I thought. After a couple unsuccessful trys, I received an email from a woman from Craig B. Kenny & Associates named Billie-Mae Morrison. She was one of the only lawyers that actually called me back and replyed. I had talked to her on the phone and dicussed my project alittle bit more. When I was talking to her, she had mentioned that she had an M.B.A. I didn’t think much about it at first, which was a very big mistake. So I sent her a brief overview of our project and my questions relating my major. I wasn’t paying as much attention to who or what the lawyers specialized in, and that is why I got the response I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment